Wednesday 25 August 2010

Jaume Plensa

Over the winter this sculpture by Spanish artist Jaume Plensa appeared on the newly refurbished battlements by the quay in Antibes. It's a fantastic structure which I've been admiring and wanting to photograph all summer.
Canon 7D
Canon 10-22mm lens @18mm
ISO200, f11, 1/250
I've been waiting 2 months to be around when the moon was full and get a shot with the sculpture lit up and when it's at its most impressive.
Canon 7D
Canon 18-135 lens @18mm
ISO100, f5.6, 5sec, Canon speedlight +2ev exposure comp.
While I was waiting I got a couple of shots of this yacht in the moonlight which I quite like.
Canon 7D
Canon 18-135 lens @100mm
ISO100, f6.3, 1/80
Canon 7D
Canon 18-135 lens @ 47mm
ISO100, f8.0, 8sec

5 comments:

  1. Looks so much better there, I saw it at an exhibition in Chatsworth park a couple of years ago. Great to see it has a good home. love the second shot of the sculpture, it's a very complex work. As you move round it it changes form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting work - it looks very good in that spot against the blue sky. I love that moonlit boat too, and the silver path to the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian, I hadn't realised this had been a traveling work. I just hope it stays here as it really is a fantastic setting for it and it attracts a lot of attention.

    Thanks John and Jenny for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems very at home there, looking out to sea. Lovely shots Gaz.

    ReplyDelete