Tuesday 18 January 2011

Tribidabo, Barcelona

Well it's been a while now since I posted. A busy month has passed in the shipyard in Barcelona. Great spot for Christmas and New Year though. Missed all the snow in the UK which is a mixed blessing. None of the transportation difficulties for me in the sun but no opportunity to go skiing or climbing. Anyway I'm back in Scotland now so hopefully there will be some more snow in the highlands and I can get out to the mountains.
In the mean time here are a couple of shots from Tribidabo which sits on the hill above Barcelona.

I'd just like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best for 2011

8 comments:

  1. Gaz, don't doubt you've missed the best but there is time yet.
    Never realised that Fiendships needed so much drydock time. thought they were bomb proof. Happen just the newness wearing off.
    The first image is a belter.......thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great detail in the photos. I really must (I've been saying that for too long now) get to grips with Photoshop. I agree that the first photo is a belter but I really admire the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool shot Gareth..its a fair view from here ay!
    and a steay walk too...nice pis by the way..
    Best wishes dude...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Gareth!

    There are worse places to be in shipyard hands (I've been in quite a few of them....) Great shots - I love the composition and symmetry in the first one, and I'm guessing it was technically quite difficult with contrast and angles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's an impressive building... And photos! Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing place; that first picture is dizzying!


    I see that you are interested in photography! Perhaps you would enjoy my blog:

    http://picturesofgreatbritain.blogspot.com/

    Every day I post photographs of glorious vistas, charming close-ups, videos, recipes, and interesting tidbits of life in Great Britain for the pleasure of Britophiles and photo-enthusiasts everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very unique and magnificent place.

    I have just awarded you "The Stylish Blogger Award". Hope you don't mind!

    http://luckebabe-reflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-blog-has-received-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. And a Happy New Year to you too! And many congratulations on becoming a crofter.

    ReplyDelete